Millions of people in America battle mental illness. For some of those people, mental illness is so debilitating that it impacts their lives greatly. They cannot work, relationships suffer, and they feel closed in with their lives. With help from outpatient or inpatient mental health treatment in jamaica plain, ma, that can be a thing of the past.
Common mental illnesses include:
· Anxiety: Many people do not realize that anxiety can turn into a disorder but for the people suffering daily, it is very much real and unforgettable. Anxiety causes a lot of symptoms that people do not associate with the condition. Medications and lifestyle changes often help people with anxiety disorders.
· Bipolar Disorder: Also called manic depression, bipolar disorder causes intense highs and lows. With those highs and lows come many symptoms including sexual promiscuity, excessive spending, suicidal thoughts, and many others.
· Depression: Depression occurs when there is a lack of serotonin production in the brain. It’s one of the most common mental illnesses. It comes in several severities and can lead to suicidal thoughts. Other symptoms also impact the sufferer’s life in tremendous ways.
· Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia commonly causes the sufferer to hear voices or see people and things that are not there. While schizophrenia is scary, it can be controlled with the right treatments.
· Eating Disorders: Anorexia is the most commonly diagnosed mental illness in the world, affecting millions of people. People who experience anorexia cause themselves to vomit after eating a meal.
Mental illness is scary but most conditions can be treated with the right help and a willingness to overcome the condition. The conditions above are some of the mental illnesses affecting individuals across the world. Talk to a mental health expert and get the treatment that allows you to live life to the fullest.